Friday, July 5, 2013

A Day of Pampering: Polished by Sam

As my day of pampering continues (part 1 here), I headed to Polished by Sam located at 34 Wilson Street, Barangay West Greenhills, San Juan City.

Polished by Sam is a family-owned business that began only last December. Unlike in other places where they only offer hair, nail, waxing OR body services, Polished by Sam offers all of these under one roof! :) That's why I wanted to visit them in the first place, they seem like a place where a girl can go and spend an entire afternoon just having herself pampered - and that's exactly what I did.

As I went up the few steps leading to the entrance, someone already greeted and welcomed me to the salon. Once I stepped inside, the first thing I saw were these gorgeous pink armchairs that serves as their waiting area.
Polished1


What's behind those curtains, you ask? More pink chairs!
Polished2 Polished3
This is where they conduct their nail services - which makes up the biggest area of their salon. Polished by Sam ensures the sanitation of all tools and towels used, uses only high quality spa products and scents, and offers a wide array of premium polish for you to choose from. :)

They even have special chairs for little girls who want to make their nails pretty as well!Polished5
Since I already had my nails done the other day (more on that soon), I opted to try their other services instead. :)

My first pick was their Creamy Apricot Salt Body Scrub (P400) which removes dead skin cells from the body. I have been around a lot of dust and heat the last month so my skin really needed this. Ms. Ella led me to an area with three beds separated by curtains - one for waxing and the other two for body services - and provided me with a shower cap, disposable underwear and a bath robe to change into. The procedure took 30-40 minutes with repeated scrubbing all over to make sure that no area was missed. After showering, my skin felt super smooth and creamy!:)

I was then treated to a Seaweed Firming Wrap (P350) which is pretty self-explanatory - for tightening and firming the skin. Ms. Ella used a spatula to spread the light purple mixture on my body and then wrapped me like a japanese roll for 10 minutes. I didn't actually plan on availing this service, but I'm glad I did, because I was so relaxed the entire time - especially when Ms. Ella wiped the mixture off with a hot towel. I felt really well taken care of the entire time. :)

After the Seaweed Firming Wrap, I was asked to wait in their VIP area for a few minutes while they prepared for my next service. Since Polished by Sam respects each client's privacy, they created the VIP area for those who wish to have their nails done there instead (for an additional cost). 
Polished6

Finally, after trying two body services, it was time to try something else. Can you guess what it is? :)
Polished7 Polished8
Since in the past days, I have already done nails and waxing, I decided to avail of their L'oreal Hair Spa, which ranges from P400 - P700 depending on the length of your hair. I've been wanting to change my look for a while now, but I couldn't decide if I should get a bob or have it permed, so I just left it as it is, without bothering to take care of it. Yet another much needed service. Heh. :P

Ms. Berry started by washed my hair with their organic shampoo (too bad I wasn't able to ask for the brand because it smells really good). After drying my hair a bit, she started applying the treatment with a brush. I appreciate how Polished by Sam has their staff use brushes rather than hands, because in my experience, the latter can result to a lot of hair loss. Once done, Ms. Berry gave me the best scalp massage of my life! I felt like I spent five minutes in heaven thanks to her. I would come back for that massage alone! :) After wrapping my hair in cling wrap for 20 minutes and talking about my uneven brows, she washed off the treatment and started blow drying my hair. To my surprise, she asked if I wanted my hair straight or curled. Syempre curled! :) So happy that they give girls like me a chance to wear our hair differently for a day. 

Polished9

My only disappointment was when I woke up the next day, my curls were gone. /sniffs
Thank you so much for making me feel like a princess today, Polished by Sam!! :)  

-

34 Wilson Street, Barangay West Greenhills, San Juan City
Contact numbers: 624-1391 / 0917-3010588